Sunday, April 25, 2010

90 minutes in Heaven

I am reading this Devotional 90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper, I mentioned it in an earlier blog and said I would get bak to telling about it. In 1989 Don Piper was in an car accident and died. But Ninety minutes later as a pastor prayed over him he returned back to life and he remembered it. I did not read the book that he wrote called 90 minutes in Heaven. This devotional is inspired by that book. I have really enjoyed the book so far and it is very inspiring and encourging. Its a Devotional of hope. This a quote in the Book he said (because of my experience, I know what awaits us after this life on earth is finished. Ive already visited heaven and I've come back to talk about it. He said that's why I can offer encouragement and help others prepare for the great experience that lies ahead once we leave this life. Hope is the most important message I have to offer.) He alway starts with a Bible verse and a prayer at the end. Also a quote( Heaven is not only the totally ideal place, but a place of miracles. In heaven, our sinfulness is removed. our eyes are opened we see, feel and think perfectly. we become the perfect creation that God intended us to be.) ( Until then, it's ha rd to ponder and get any kind of understanding of perfection. Our thoughts center on ourselves, our wants ,and our needs.) One thing about our loved ones that have gone on ahead of us is this.(There's no communication we have here that they need to understand. any message we send could only bring sadness to them, it would make them miss us or worry about us. If they missed us or worried about us, IT WOULD'T BE HEAVEN, would it? we are focused on our grief and our sense of loss.) I was looking for a good Devotional or I should say I wanted to get a good one and so at Church they have a book store so I went in one night and looked around and found this book. It its excellent and would encourge any one to get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read the book, but I didn't know that there was a devotional. Thanks for giving me my devotional for the day. Its always so good to hear about heaven especially for us, who lost parents in ths past year. It is good that they don't know all the things that are going on down here, and that they are free to experience the peace and joy that we can't even imagine. J