Sunday, November 13, 2011

doing more?

Joe paterno was fired for not doing more. I was reading the Sundays newspaper as I usually do on a Sunday morning and got to thinking I know all of us have been in that situation, maybe not in that type situation he was in, but no matter, there have been situations that I have been in that I should have done more but didn"t think it was necessary or didn"t think more of it or didn"t realize that there could have been more to do. Sometimes we just don"t realize how important it might be to go further. In the lives of children it is important to do what is best for them and in this case the one who saw Sandusky doing the act should have reported it right away to the police or maybe he should have stepped in and stopped it at that moment, but he may have been scared for his life as well, but he should have least called the police. I just wonder why and how these men get away with it for so long, but I think its because the person doing the act has such a hold on the victim  like with money and gifts that they are afraid to tell.  but the main idea here is not doing more to stop it, there needs to be some kind of education to inform all of what are responsibilities are to keep our children safe.  If we know what is going on or what happened to do more, me included, I will do more if I see something going on that is not right. I have kinda been in that situation and was blinded sided by what took place, I myself was smoothed talked into believing what was told to me and believed it because it was so convincing but in the end it was all a lie. To get it straight I never saw anything like the one sideline coach saw , I did not see anything at anytime. Just what was told to me like Joe paterno .  And did he know that was the truth, he went to what he thought was the proper person to report it. but he should have gone to the police as well.

No comments: