Thursday, April 7, 2011
Drive Cam
So now I have a drive Cam in my bus. Most all the other buses had them before.But the newer busses did not until this week. Yesterday was the first for me and some of the others. It was not working like it should have been yesterday so I saw one of the mecnanics last eve. and said something to him and so this morn. it was working like it is supposed to. It is a camera like device put on the windsheild, so that if a driver would put on their brakes to hard or make a stupid turn a red light will go on and it will show up in the safety managers computer and he then can see what took place 10 seconds before the eposode and 10 seconds after. Joy joy. But I did not set it off and I hope I don"t ever. It sure does keeps us on our toes and to be aware of what going on around us. And to be better drivers I guess. But in reality I would rather not have it. I really don"t like things or people to keep tabs on me. I not a kid anymore and feel it is an intrusion. But we have to go along with it. I think it all started when drivers were having way to many accidents and some of them were bad accidents and of course it is costing the company a tons of money. Of course the drive cams are not cheap either. But I guess the cost of them is cheaper then the accidents that were happening. So it is another chapter in our days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds familiar. At Pepboys Dick (and every machanic) has a camera on him all the time he's working. At the corporate headquarters they can watch anybody they want to any time!
Of course, the point is that if anything happened to a car after it was worked on and the owner of the car blamed the mechanic, they could go back and watch what the mechanic did. But it's not a good feeling to be so "watched".
Post a Comment