Thursday, August 19, 2010
a Vacation to west Virigina
As I mentioned earlier I was on vacation this week. My oldest granddaughter Heather and I went to West Virginia. I always wanted to see west Virginia a little closer so this was the summer to do it it seemed. I have not been on a vacation for a number of years and really needed one. Well I should say I took vac. time but didn"t go anywhere, so this year I decided to go away for a little. It was wonderful and fun. It felt so nice to be away from Pa. to do something different. We left Monday morn. at about 8:00 and arrived in Beckley around 4. We make several stops so thats why it took so long. After checking in at super 8 we went to Cracker Barrel for our eve. meal. Heather never ate at a cracker Barrel, then we played miniature golf and later after relaxing at the motel we went for some Ice cream. And back to the Motel to get ready for Tuesday. On Tuesday we ate at IHop for breakfast and over to the coal mine exhibition to take the tour of the coal mine camp and mine. That was fun. We spent some time at the Mall and then went to do some more touring and saw the worlds tallest bridge and the over to another road and came across a state park where we could have taken a jet boat ride on the river gorge but they were just closing so we couldn"t do that and if they would have been open on Wed. we would have taken the time to to that but it was raining any way so I guess it wasn"t supposed to happen. We ate at Pizza Hut Tues eve. And on wed. IHop again and then later at an olive garden In Maryland on our way home. Arrived home Wed. eve at about 6. very enjoyable and of course took Pictures to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment