Monday, July 29, 2013

a great weekend

Sat. around noon I picked up three of my grandchildren  Isabelle, Joey and Stacy in Manheim and we headed for Mount Gretna Lake.  Some of my cousins and family were there also. It was a very nice get together. We all brought our own lunches and many enjoyed the water. I don"t swim so I just watched and chatted with some of the others that did not go in the water. the kids had a good time. we stayed there until about 4 or so and then  I took my grandchildren to the jigger shop,  and of all things we had time to get ready for church  and attend the sat. eve. service. After church I started up the fire in the back yard and we had hot dogs .  By 11 we all sacked out . Breakfast in the morn. and then later we picked up Jeremiah and headed for the Rubber Ducky Festival and race. We had a great time but this grandma was a very tired lady. But what great memories are made for these grandchildren. I love the fact that I am able to do this for them .They will never forget the times we had together over the years.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

You did give your grandchildren a fun weekend. I can relate to your tiredness. My weekend with family was great, but I'm tired today, glad I took the day off work