Sunday, August 12, 2012
the one flower bed
I have two flower beds the other one is in front of my porch, this one is down at the sidewalk. After a bit of work they are doing o.k after the flood. I had to do alot of weeding and mulching and getting some new plants. But the red ones come up on their own every year, I forget what they are called,I planted them some years ago. their are some bare spots yet but till next year I will have them better looking I hope. I love flowers. In the one at the porch I will take a picture later when the mums are in full bloom. And hopefully later this fall I will get the bulbs in that I took out earlier. they are the tulips that I brought from my dads house when they sold their house. Good memories of my dad when he had them. He had wonderful tulips and other flowers and rose bushes. the tulips were getting bad looking probably becasue of all the water and so forth. So I took them out and hopefully after replanting they will come back vibrant once again. Today would have been my Dads 85th Birthday if he would be still living. Great Dad he was and will always miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a nice tribute to your dad. I know how you feel. I still miss mine after 11 years. I remember your dad's beautiful rose bushes. Are those red flowers called cockscomb? I got some this year, but mine did not do well at all. I think they are also called celosia. J
Post a Comment