Saturday, September 10, 2011
crying and thankful and frustrated and just overwhelmed
This rain caused alot of problems and my neighbor hood is just awful. My house and many others are ruined. The waters came up so fast and into the houses. the houses were surrounded by water. some houses comdemmed due to the foundation caving in. In my house the water is still in the basement and they are still pumping out today. I "m at the Library here in Ephrata to get on to the Internet for now. everything in the basement is gone. Insurance co. have not called me back yet so I can"t do anything until I hear from them. I"m staying at my moms place, who knows for how long. St least I have a great bed to sleep in and my own bathroom. the waters came up so fast I don't think any one was prepared for it. and I'm being told that this is the worst flood around here ever, even worse then Agnes. I went to work Thursday morn. and I was in the Ephrata area so I took a look on how the area was doing and saw that the water was way up the street and up to our porches at that time. I finished up what I was doing and called dispatch and said that I need to get home because there was flooding. I parked my car at K-Mart and saw the whole street was flooded. I walked in the yards until I couldn't"t any more and had to walk through the water to get to my house. I was not prepared to see what I saw when i opened up the door, now remember the house was completely surrounded by water, I walked in and was in shock. The water was the whole way up in the first floor. About 8 to 10 feet. about ankle deep in the kitchen and living room and bedrooms. I cried so hard, I never saw anything like it. I grabbed what I could and went down to my mothers. Called off from work on Friday and was up at my house from about 1 to 9. The Mennonite disaster came and helped people clean up and started to pump out the houses. the street and neighborhood was full of people helping, most started to clean out there houses and took it all out to the curbside to be thrown into the dumpsters that were brought in for that purpose. My upstairs furniture should all be o.k but of course the carpet is gone. some water got into the cabinets. And things had to be thrown out. My one cat I thought had drowned but my daughter Michelle found her and took her home with her and the other one is running around out side somewhere, I saw her last eve. and gave her food but she is so scared. I"m thankful no one was hurt or died here like at some other places, we are just displaced but this is going to be a challenge and a long process .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment