Sunday, December 5, 2010

wonderful

Its been a wonderful weekend. Spent time with my Mom on Friday. we went to Angela's cafe in gap and then did some shopping. Oh by the way it was my birthday that's why I decided to make it a long weekend. On Sat. My granddaughter and I went up to Jim Thorpe. We stayed at a Hotel on route 209 about 6 miles from Jim Thorpe. First when we got there we ate at a restaurant next to the Hotel. Stacy was getting bored waiting for the food to come, it was one of those places where they make you wait for a little for the food but it wasn"t to bad but you know how Kids are. Went back tot he Hotel to get ready to head into Jim Thorpe. Took a short walk around the town to see the lights before we headed up to Penn's peak to see the Marshall tucker Band, a great band of southern Rock . they were excellent and fun. One band member played a mean flute, never saw anybody play the flute like that and he also played the Sax and Keyboards as well. We had a great time. today Sunday we had a nice breakfast at the Hotel of scrambled eggs and bagels and fruit and coffee and hot chocolate and back to Jim Thorpe to take the train ride. The pictures will tell the story of that. It was fantastic. Now tomorrow I still have off. But not the way I really wanted to spend it though. My Aunt passed away last week so the funeral is tomorrow. she is in a better place though and now with her Husband and others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the scenery. Where is Jim Thorpe? I heard of it, but not sure where it is. J